Sunday, July 3, 2011

NYC, Manhattan & Columbia University







So we got an apartment in Washington Heights of Manhattan for our 2 week stay. A friend recommended to find an apartment called vrbo.com. It was a wonderful resource. The neighborhood is mostly Hispanic I would think Puerto Rican. It is next to a park & full of people playing soccer, board games, or just hanging out. Unfortunately, the occasional smell of pot is in the air. I get the impression that everyone knows everyone. English is the secondary language so I feel like I’m back in China as being a minority. The price of stuff is way up around here. I heard an elderly man complain that after rent & food he has little left. The city is just old. Eileen said it is like a huge movie set that represents a former Eastern block city that is in decay. We did check out the Teacher's College of Columbia University. It is a nice place & I can see why it is one of the nation's best schools.

No comments:

International Brunch

International Brunch
Juliana from Brazil and Friends

Japanese Girls

East Indians

Koreans

Trip to Kowloon

Trip to Kowloon
Hong Kong in Background

Group Shot in the Metro