Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Where have I been?

Hey folks! After a year hiatus we’re back on the blog. I almost forgot the password and such. Well, we finished our first year & what a year it was being frantic, frustrating, & fun. After all the adjustments we are back for more action here in the kingdom. Just a quick summary, I ended up teaching 4th grade. Eileen came 2 weeks later due to visa problems & was a great 3rd grade teacher. It took a while to set up the home, figure out how to get around & get things done but after that that, it was a rather work focused year. Still we had great vacations to Sri Lanka, the United Arab Emirates, & Oman. I have a lot to catch you all up on but I’ll get to it one step at a time. Let me start with a seasonal update on what I think is Saudi’s second biggest export & that is the product call dates. These very sweet fruits come from palm trees & this time of the year they are harvested & processed for export. I have a bunch in the front & back of our villa. The series of photos show unripe to ripen dates. I can only have a few as they are so sweet. More later.

No comments:

International Brunch

International Brunch
Juliana from Brazil and Friends

Japanese Girls

East Indians

Koreans

Trip to Kowloon

Trip to Kowloon
Hong Kong in Background

Group Shot in the Metro