Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Setting up the classroom

Eileen & I have been going to the school for a couple of hours to see what we could get done & to drop off all those books I carried back with us. A duffle bag full of children books! Well, they place was rather messy with the janitorial crew doing their jobs cleaning the carpet & other things around the school. We had to cover just about everything with plastic sheets or butcher paper before we left for the summer so we just took those items down & stored it for next year. The next few days we'll set up the desks, get the classroom organized, & hook up the computer & printer. Next the bulletin boards & some lesson planning; then just wait for the kiddos to arrive. I'm so glad to be back early to do this junk because next week when teachers are suppose to be back to work there will be so little time with mandatory meetings taking up most of the day. Around the school the new preschool-elementary building is almost finish, "inshalla" (if Allah wills) in 2 weeks. Man, I'm just happy I don't have to move my classroom as some have to. As for the head count, I have no idea how many students I'll have in my class but I'm expecting a full group (24). Above is the classroom packed for the summer & the next photos will be the classroom ready for action!

No comments:

International Brunch

International Brunch
Juliana from Brazil and Friends

Japanese Girls

East Indians

Koreans

Trip to Kowloon

Trip to Kowloon
Hong Kong in Background

Group Shot in the Metro