Friday, December 3, 2010

Geology Rocks!





Eileen teaches 5th graders or 10 year old students. One of topics she covers in science is geology. Well, for "Open House" the students from each 5th grade class have been putting on a 40 minute musical play called "Geology Rocks!" for the last two years. A former principle had found it and thought it was a great teaching tool. It has been a hit every year & drama is up Eileen's ally! The students learn about geology, sing songs, & act out a story of two young girls looking for their missing teacher, Professor Rock. Lots of fun!

1 comment:

MaryLou said...

OH, I am so happy that you are blogging again! I was going thru my bookmarked sites and tho't I'd just look and see if you had posted anything!!! Thanks. I know that those kids will never forget either of you. You are gifted with a love for children that will reach their hearts. Being loved always facilitates learning!
Can you figure out a way that when you post blogs it sends out emails to let us know? Some of my friends do that, but I have no idea how!
Merry and Happy and Blessed Holidays! Looking forward to seeing your photos of your trips!
Lots of Love, ML

International Brunch

International Brunch
Juliana from Brazil and Friends

Japanese Girls

East Indians

Koreans

Trip to Kowloon

Trip to Kowloon
Hong Kong in Background

Group Shot in the Metro